Monday 11 February 2013

The views from here!

Well I am here racking my brains as to why I haven't posted anything since last Monday... no real reason, but in winter I do find I have weeks where I just want to curl up and hide until it's over.. you know the kind of cold-to-your-bones damp days when there isn't much nice going on and not much to report.


Week 4..xxx

Kate had a horrible cold, they always manifest with her as bad ears, throat and she also had/ has an awful night cough, so she was home several days and somehow that throws me out, her not getting going in the morning kind of makes me sluggish too!  Lyla was over a couple of days with April, it's nice to have the family all working together though, JB and Kate seeing plenty of their nieces.  

Lisa came by yesterday with the three girls, Tom was away overnight visiting Zac for a very wet, boggy painball game so we did the girlie day. That was nice, more eating, drinking tea aftetr tea and of course I got to bath Annabelle..lovely! 

It was so lovely going to fetch them all, a super-mum and her tiny baby and two little girls, both in bunches, chatting away to me in a real animated way... they reminded me of the little 'uns in the Sound of Music, you know, the one who is always out of time and shouting loud at the end of the line!

In the evening Col and went out late and saw that new film 'I Give it a Year', good fun, not a must-see at the cinema but lots of laughs even if it was a little chickflickish, an easy night out anyways and a nice end to the weekend...

.....before another day in office-land.  Poor Col, he had an afternoon of it, he tries so hard to keep everyone in the loop, gives them the chance to have an opinion and be part of what we do, then they just make you feel like you should be a lot less bothered and not try to be so personable with the crew!   You know sometimes he hates his job, he says he never did want to work in an office and he never got told at the interview what he would have to do.. that's a laugh, no-one interviews you when you are self-employed do they!  Other times he says he would sack himself if he could!  He just isn't an office bod you see and sending quotes, selling equipment and dealing with funding and projects all means you drive a desk a lot of the week!  


Yard view.
At least at the weekend he got outside and some clearing up done with Ross, lots of granite to move from the new room site.

Meanwhile April and I cleared the porch..so much junk, so much you don't need but don't want to throw away. My Mum's place is becoming more and more a safe haven for things you don't want to 'shedify'.  Also we store some food and drink out there so it had to be brought into the kitchen to find a home, makes everywhere seem crammed and untidy, but I just hope I get more storage and can 'cleanse' it when we are done.

Window view.



I joke that once I have this new room my plan for the next 15 year revival is to have our upstairs and Mums flat made into one and a super kitchen built so we can live out our retirement there..well if I plan it now, 15 years is about right for the birth of a new kitchen 'round here! (all good humoured banter and I do love to ponder a plan for the future.. so you see I am no completely rooted in my past! ;-) )

I used to feel real cabin fever when I didn't get out of the house, but lately I am enjoying the time here just chillin'.  So I never got to POrthcurno or the Mount for my views away from home.. oh dear.. but there's a plan. My Dad's birthday next Saturday so I will venture west with flowers and get my Porthcurno picture for Feb then.



And yesterday Ross & April kindly got me some great pics of the Mount.. better than I could have hoped for.. not sure which one to choose either..  (it is okay if someone else takes them, especially if it was for the challenge!)

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty babe.
    Thanks for the 'I give it a year' review. I so fancy Simon Baker that I don't think it would matter even if it were rubbish, saddo that I am.
    We watched Caroline Quentin last night in Newlyn, and I thought of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am chillin too and hate going out in the evening at the mo, must be weather, I thought it was age but not for you!!

    My how Annabelle has changed in a month!!! Beautiful baby xxx

    Yard view will change during the year won't it!! Like both seaviews but birds win for me and I think someone else taking the view is fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby and so good you are getting some quality time with her. I agree with you about not wanting to go out. I do but it has to be in the morning as I really struggle to go out in the evenings. I have to go out two evenings this week and I can already feel the excuses not to go running round in my head. Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see those view photos Kathi, yes it is definitely ok to get them how you can :) I love them both but love the one with the birds just over the water best I think.

    Good luck with the porch clearing and great that the project is progressing.

    Annabelle is looking very cute in that hat :D

    I am posting this on friday and we have finally had a nice day to get out for a walk in the sun on the beach. Batteries recharged after several years of rain. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog through a link on my friend Jen's blog! How lovely to find a fellow Cornishwoman (well I'm not strictly Cornish but I have lived here for some 35 years!)
    Great pics of St. Michaels Mount and a gorgeous one of baby Annabelle xx

    ReplyDelete

I am hoping that 'Anonymous' has stopped stalking me with his Spam now, but may have to put verification back on if it comes back.. I just can't buy any more over the counter drugs or Louis V handbags girls!! ;-)